Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Lost Lake

We went on a mountainous hiking adventure on Monday.

IMG_7550

IMG_7551

IMG_7565

Boys with their sticks.

IMG_7569

IMG_7623

I was wearing sunglasses most of the time. Usually sunglasses give me a headache, but these garage sale glasses turn the world a magic color. My attempt to share the wonder:

IMG_7627

Yes, I shot it through my sunglasses.

IMG_7632

A good portion of our hike was through this cold white stuff or it's brother, cold melted snow water. The snow was heavy and wet, so there were many slips and occasional breaks through the crust into the freezing water underneath.

IMG_7637

IMG_7643

At long last we reached our goal, Lost Lake.

IMG_7676

IMG_7686

Yes, part of the lake is still icy on top.

IMG_7698

I would love to go on this hike again in a month or so, when the snow is melted and the sun is hotter, which would make that cold mountain lake water feel really good!

Felix and I are going to go visit family in South Dakota tomorrow. I'll try to keep up here while I'm gone, but I can't make promises. I hope you're having a great week!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What an absolutely *gorgeous* trip!

Bekah said...

oh wow! I will definitely have to add this to my list of places to hike! Beautiful!!!

<3 B

Mandi Johnson said...

Oh man. How wonderful it must be to be out enjoying God's creation. I'm always stuck in the concrete jungle or retreating to my home. I definitely need to make it a point to get out to a national park or something.