Saturday, September 20, 2008

At last, I have finished something this week!

I got a great package in the mail filled with all the goodies I ordered from Over Rainbow. Can't beat Laura's prices!

Anyway, I've been feeling the need to go a little more simple. I love patchwork, but I just didn't have it in my heart last week.

I tried my hand at some pleating, and I think these bags turned out adorable.

Pleated Orange Bag

I love this fabric, but I love the next on even more!

Pleated Orange and Brown

Joshua loves it too. He even said he'd really like curtains in that fabric. I think I would too, but I might be too much of a cheapskate to buy as many yards as I'd need to make curtains with it. Curtains are on my to do list, but I was thinking about buying some cute tapestries from Urban Outfitters for that project.

Anywho, these bags will be available in my shop when I feel like I have enough stuff to get it started. I need to jump back into my zipper drawer for some smaller things. I've been a bit scared of them. Last time I was using them I tried to shorten a zipper the legit way and shoved a tiny screwdriver under my thumbnail. Owwww!

We're having a busy day. Birthday party for a one year old at 1 (also Felix's nap time, ugh), and then a house warming party at 5. One more week until we're going to go ride Thomas the train. Felix is so excited!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These bags turned out fantastic! I love the pleats! That top fabric is dreamy! Where in the heck did you get it?!?!

mo said...

I love the pleats- and the fabrics. Well done!