Friday, March 25, 2016

Birthday Week!

It's birthday season here at Skull Mansion.  Last weekend we celebrated Felix's 10th birthday.  I can hardly believe that my shorty is in the double digits, but it's true.

March 2016

He wanted a unicorn cake, and I had little confidence in my abilities to draw one with frosting.  Luckily I remembered that some of the fabric I recently bought had pretty purple unicorns on it, and purple is his current favorite color!  I made this buttermilk cake, which turned out delicious.  I'm not a huge buttermilk user, so I bought the powdered stuff from the baking aisle, and it worked great!  The cake itself tasted like a sweeter buttermilk biscuit, and I loved it.  My hips do not love it, but this has been my last week of being in my twenties, so cake every day was an excellent way to send off my precious youth!

March 2016

He got a sweet new bike with gears!

March 2016

And tickets to his first ever real concert!

March 2016

I've gotten Gogol Bordello concert tickets for my birthday in the past, and there's no better party than a GB party.  We got there early to snag seats in the front of the balcony as those shows get a bit moshy and Felix wanted to be able to see the band, not the back of people in front of us.  The old lady in me loved being able to sit down (or stand up, whatever I wanted!), and I was glad to not be smashed around down below in the waves of bodies.

And I know all the dog pictures have been flowing like wine around here lately, but we picked up another foster puppy.

March 2016

We're fostering to adopt on this guy.  So when he's old enough to be adopted, he's officially ours!

March 2016

He is the cutest and sweetest (when he's not being a Bitey McBiterson).

March 2016

We're calling him BMO (pronounced Bee Moe) after BMO on Adventure Time.

Alright, I'm off to get in a 30th birthday state of mind.  I'm a little displeased that I have to share my 30th birthday with Easter, but oh well, at least there's good candy!  Everybody have a great weekend!

No comments: