Monday, March 14, 2016

The blood!

Before you start to worry, no, I did not cut more parts of my body off in the recent past.  In fact, I've got some nice new skin growing in on my finger where I relieved it of its precious skin a couple weeks ago.  I can even use it again!  Woohoo!

This post contains no injuries!

Felix was the grim reaper for Halloween, and we made him a fun new bag to put souls and candy in at various Halloween events.

Souls!

The most fun part about the tote bag was the dripping blood, which I appliqued on with wunder under and then stitched with my machine.  It was a bit tedious but super fun.

So I decided to use this method to make some fun pouches for the ladies to house their unfun period supplies.  Here's an in progress shot:

Dripping Blood pouches

Dripping Blood pouches

Dripping Blood pouches

They mostly just sat in my shop for a while, but a few weeks ago I got a bunch of traffic on the "NOT TAMPONS" pouch.  I did some research and discovered that it was featured in a buzzfeed article.  I got a lot of likes and one sale, and it was really fun to hear my phone's etsy app making its "like" noises all day.

Then it happened again a couple weeks ago!  I've been selling "Lady Stuff" pouches almost as fast as I can sew them.  After the original bunch sold out, I made them available for pre-order.  The next batch sold out before I was able to take the listing off pre-order status.  I spent the weekend making more, and I think I can finally catch my bloody breath, just as soon as I get the last bunch of orders shipped this morning.  Perhaps I'll find the time to get my new "Shark Week" pouches listed as well!

It's the start of birthday times here at our house.  Felix is turning 10 on Sunday!  We're having a pizza party on Saturday for lunch and then taking him to his first ever legit concert to see Gogol Bordello in Boulder!  He has also requested a unicorn cake because he obviously has unrealistic expectations when it comes to my artistic prowess, especially when it comes to things that you can't erase and start over (like frosting).

We are a little obsessed with Snap Chat's face swapping feature.  I will leave you with these disturbing images.

Face swap!

Face swap!

Face swap!


No comments: