Friday, March 1, 2013

What the what?

This is like a zombie blog because you thought it was dead, but it's totally not.  Let us not shoot it in the head or hit it with a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire (hi new friends who searched "baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire" on google and ended up here!), but be patient and let me warm it up a bit and see if it just needs stitches instead of beheading.

I'm obviously off to a good start already.  Some stuff that has been going on at Butter mansion while I was not updating my blog:

Untitled

One unseasonably warm January afternoon, my dear friend Andrew and I found ourselves dining on a patio with this guy, who I named "Beast" for obvious reasons.  Check out the mane on this badass mofo.

Untitled

He was huge and friendly and probably not clean, but I pet him anyway.  I think he's like the neighborhood cat.  There was a water bowl for him and he was obviously well fed (probs by his own hunting skills).  This was the same day that I saw a coyote in Prairie Dog Town at the corner of Arapahoe and Cherryvale, so a pretty good day for wild animals if you ask me.  After a walk around downtown I stopped back at the patio and found him napping where I left him and gave him a big beastly goodbye petting time.  AWESOME.

Untitled

The days are getting longer around here, which I could appreciate wholeheartedly if it didn't mean missing out on sunrises like this.  I wake up wicked early a few times a week to get Felix ready for school, and it's been well before the butt crack of dawn for months now.  If I'm lucky I catch a sunrise as powerful and glorious as this one.  These days wake up time is after the butt crack of dawn, and I'm missing this majesty already.  No way I'd wake up earlier.  Guess I'll have to wait until next winter.  That's something to look forward to, I guess.

Untitled

And last, but not least, Mr. Chainsaw helped me buy a brand new (to me!) Juki industrial machine last weekend.  That means I'm excited to take Hot Butter into the future with speedier sewing speeds (speeeed!) and heavier materials, like LEATHER.  I'm still researching what thread to buy.  Buying a big ass cone of thread is kind of a commitment, and I want to make sure I'm wasting my doubloons on the wrong stuff.  If anybody needs an industrial sewing machine hookup in Denver, let me know.  I gotta guy.  My heavy new sewing mistress used to live in a factory in New Mexico (I think, I'm not always spot on- memory skill wise) and will now be getting the cushy basement retirement it always dreamed of.

So all said, I've been petting wild cats, seeing coyotes and sunsets, and buying heavy machines that I haven't actually used yet (but I haven't had it long enough to be procrastinating, I swear).  Also, wouldn't Beast and Jezebel make beautiful babies?

Untitled

No comments: