Monday, November 22, 2010

Oh Ferdinand

In the middle of wallet assembly line creation last week, I was overcome with the urge to make a new friend. So I did!

IMG_0344

Please allow me the pleasure of introducing you to Ferdinand. He is made from a handmade vintage table runner. I found several sets of owl faces for macrame at a thrift store, which I sewed onto his face with embroidery floss. The beak only had a top hole, so I hammered a hole into the bottom of it with a hammer so I could attach it more securely.

IMG_0347

I think he's pretty handsome.

IMG_0313

IMG_0288

IMG_0243

I have a few more long wallets in my shop, including a couple with the pretty pretty Kokka cupcakes we all love. I'm off to work on button earrings. Happy Monday!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Lauren fell madly in love with Ferdinand Thursday. I was afraid for his beak.

Unknown said...

I love him!