Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Nana

SDC13590
Felix and Nana on her last day at our house.

A couple of our friends were over the other night to pick up their daughter that the Chainsaw was so nicely babysitting for them when they noticed something was missing.  Nana.

I was always a big dirty pug lover, and I was super excited to finally have my own.  However, new puppy + new mom + baby= AHHHHH!!!!!  I used to cry because she drove me nuts and I didn't know what to do about it.  Long story short, I don't think I ever really bonded with Nana.

A couple months ago I found Nana a new home.  I had been refraining from doing this because I didn't want Felix to hate me, but it turned out that it was easy peasy- Felix must not have been as attached as he let on!  Nana's new best human friend is a 13 year old boy (less mean than a 4 year old).  His mother runs a special needs school with a handful of students, and Nana spends her day at school.  She apparently cries when her new friend leaves the room, which she never did to us!

Whenever I told people that I didn't like her and wanted to find her a new home, someone would inevitably tell me I was mean (to Nana, Felix, whoever), and I think that's why I haven't advertised the fact that she's gone.  However, I stand by my decision as the best one.

Nana finally has someone to love and who is willing to give her the love she thinks she deserves.  I don't have to vacuum my couch every day, my yard doesn't smell like poop, and I don't have anyone following me around crying for food anymore.  Felix whines about missing her every few weeks, but not one tear has been shed.

Glory Pug

Nana was a good sport, and I feel so happy in my heart that she has the perfect family for her these days.

I'm slowly but surely transferring my google reader to bloglovin because it looks cleaner.  Check it out!
Follow my blog with bloglovin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so not mean for finding Nana a new home. You cared enough to find her a home that sounds like a wonderful place for a dog. You didn't just drop her off at a shelter, which happens too often when people get pets that they can't take care of.