Wednesday, May 5, 2010

What would you pay?

I'm playing along with Apron Thrift Girl today. I play this game all the time. Sometimes I see an item from across the way, and I ask myself what I would pay for it before I check out the price tag. I usually don't buy something that is over my top price.

Vintage Buttons

What would you be willing to pay for these items used?

What would you typically want pay for a soft cover book?
$1-2 depending on the book. I like paying 25 cents.

What would you typically want pay for a CD?
I probably wouldn't buy a CD, but if I found something awesome, I'd pay $1.

What would you typically want pay for a hand towel?
25-50 cents

What would you typically want pay for a bath towel?
$3 if it's super luxurious, $2 for a regular. I'd like to pay $1.

What would you typically want pay for a skein of wool yarn?
$1

What would you typically want pay for a pack of vintage greeting cards?
$1

What would you typically want pay for a small pine bookshelf?
No more than $10. Ideal would be between $5 and $8.

What would you typically want pay for a KitchenAid Mixer?
I'd probably spend $25 (or maybe even a little more) for one of these. I want one, and they're expensive.

What would you typically want pay for a jar of vintage buttons?
I have spent $12, but I'd like it to be less than $5, depending on the size. I heart them so much that I will spend more on them, especially if I see some cool buttons in the jar.

What would you typically want pay for a blouse originally from Macy's?
Unless an item of clothing is super cool and super high quality, I usually won't spend more than $3.

I'm adding a couple of my own:

What would you typically want pay for a pair of shoes?
$4 or less. I prefer to buy them from a nearby thrift store with 99 cent shoes.

What would you typically want pay for a piece of vintage luggage?
No more than $5, but I'd like $3 or less.

4 comments:

Apron Thrift Girl said...

How fun of you to post this here. Thank you so much. I'd pay up to $5 for vintage luggage. Funny enough I'd pay up to $10 at a garage sale for a good pair of boots and maybe $8 for a pair of shoes. It takes me forever to find ones that I like so if I spot them I tend to pay more for them than other things that I thrift.

Melissa said...

I find it funny that you would pay more for a jar of buttons than you would towels.

Melissa said...

(...but then I have a special relationship with my bath towels...)

Becky Farley said...

Wow lol I should go to thrift stores huh? geez I'm impressed!