Friday, September 3, 2010

Snappy Lappy Bag

I made this lap top bag from the dress I dissected this week. It has its faults, but it's my first try.

IMG_9137

This is also my first try at putting in a pocket with a zipper. It was both easier and trickier than I expected, if you can imagine that. My stitching is a little ugly, and I can see why invisible thread is recommended for such a project. Anyway, I love it!

I interlined it with a layer of fusible fleece and lined it with a piece of chenille I've had for forever to make it a soft, luxurious ride for my lap top. The pocket is to put my charging equipment in, and the pockets are from leather furniture samples my friend Eliza gave me.

In other news, I added some love bullets pouches and pocket clutches to my shop. :D Happy Friday night!

IMG_9118

IMG_9151

No comments: