Wow. I totally dropped the ball. Let's have a look at last week's goals.
1. Finish 3 purses for the shop
2. Finish my two quilting bee blocks for the month
3. Complete 1 craft book project
I managed to make 2 bags for the shop. Quilting bee blocks have gone untouched. I also managed to buy another craft book, but not to make anything from one.
First things first. Super cute spring bags!
This fabric reminds me of a vintage sheet, but it's not! I lined it with an orange gingham and added a strip of it to the front of the bag. I frayed out the edges of the front strip and added a bow.
I also added a lanyard clip to use as a key clip. I am always paranoid about finding/losing my keys, so this is a great way to keep track of them!
This bag is made with one of my favorite fabrics. I made my own Simplicity 3835 out of it a while ago, and I can't stop using the extra fabric. It's so soft and has great colors!
I dressed it up a big with some lilac lace. I thought it turned out so cute that I covered one of the straps with it also!
I also somehow lost track of the fact that it's a birthday week around here. Friday Felix will turn 3, and I have been promising that I'd make him his own Super Felix cape. We are WAY into super heroes right now.
I think it turned out pretty well. No action shots until the birthday party next weekend, sorry!
Ok, next Monday mission:
1. Finish quilting bee blocks. I pretty much HAVE to do this one by now. March is half over, and we'll be taking a trip to South Dakota soon.
2. Make one craft book project. My new book looks awesome, and I'm thinking about making Felix more handmade birthday goodness out of it.
3. Make a cover for one of those couch cushions. I think I should be able to fit at least one in the car with all of us this trip, so I better get to work.
4. Finish up my pay it forward gifts. I'm almost there on this, but I'd like to get them done. That way I can move on to having a give away soon!
I hope to do much better this week. I'm not feeling so hot today, but I think it's from a not so good night's sleep. I woke up in the wee hours to Chainsaw snoring like a...chainsaw. It took a long time to fall back asleep, and I think I'm paying for it today!