Sunday, March 8, 2009

Post Office Scaries

When I'm shipping things, I generally look for the right sized cereal or cracker box, cut it into a nice sheet, put my goods in, and sew it up. I think a lot of us crafty ladies do that. I know I didn't think it up myself, but I think it's a great idea for reusing and keeping packing costs down.

Saturday I went to this weird little post office location that's in a bank. There's a REAL post office close by, but this one is just a little closer and usually line free.

The lady who helped me saw my packages and told me she liked them. She asked me how I made them. She obviously liked them, but was not excited about it at all. Her voice was flat and emotionless. I thanked her.

As I was waiting for her to finish, this conversation happened (please imagine po lady to have a flat, emotionless voice for maximum story goodness):

PO Lady: You need to watch out for the government.
Me: Uh, why?
PO Lady: Because they might abduct you.
Me: Really? Why?
(It kind of felt like a warning I needed to listen to right away. Like the government was going to storm in and grab me, and she was using such a flat voice so they might not know that she was warning me.)
PO Lady: Because of your good ideas.
Me: Luckily it wasn't my original idea.
PO Lady: Oh, good. Have a good weekend.
Me: You too!

So uh, if you have any good ideas, you best be careful that the government doesn't abduct you to steal your ideas or study your brain.

THE END

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Sew it up? I've never heard of this, how exactly do you do it?

Anonymous said...

thanks for the warning!

too funny. if you get stuck for future blog posts, just remember to take a trip to the po. she'll give you plenty of material!

Anonymous said...

heh. That's too funny.

Okay... now can you share a picture and a let us know how you make these clever packages. I'm dying to know.