I'm so excited that this month I got to send out fabric for the Cottage Quilting Bee. Feel free to ignore this post if you're not on this particular team of cool kids, but don't feel left out. There are cool kids everywhere.
For my quilt blocks I sent everyone scraps. My favorite color is rainbow, if that's possible, and I tried to include some of every color for everyone. I'm afraid this is going to be another one of those follow your heart, go crazy, make cute blocks. I'm going for the scrappy look. Feel free to add any of your own scraps and any size will do. I made a little mosaic of some scrappy blocks I like.
1. project improv~ charity block, 2. Scrap Quilt using 1 inch Squares, 3. Wonky Scrap Doll Quilt, 4. Scrap patchwork mat, 5. boxed scraps school bus yellow, 6. triangle block
Pesky number three doesn't show up, but you can still click through to it.
So let's recap:
1. Any size is a good size!
2. Feel free to add your own scraps, any glorious color is fine by me.
3. No embellishments that stick out like buttons or beads. It's probably going to get washed eleventy billion times. Embellishments that lay flat like embroidery or ric rac are a-ok if you're so inclined.
4. A rainbow design is not required. I just threw in every basic color because I like them.
5. A super scrappy look is encouraged.
I'm so excited! Thank you for the opportunity ladies and QuiltDad.