Monday, August 18, 2008

Today I was super mom!

Today I accomplished these amazing feats with TWO children:
1. I changed 4 poopy diapers (2 belonging to a child that is not my own)
2. I somehow convinced Felix to spend only 1 hour playing in his room before taking his nap. He took a beautiful nap from 2-4:30. I can't remember the last time that happened.
3. I observed, clapped, and offered special treats after Felix peed in his potty. It has been many moons since this has happened.

I also finished up a tote bag, pieced parts for a wristlet (and freezer paper stenciled it!), made a strap to finish a bag that has been laying next to my machine unfinished for a while now, and managed to break a needle on a giant button. Have you ever broken a sewing machine needle? It is scary. S-C-A-R-Y! One time a piece of one actually flew up and hit me in the face right under my eye. It stung. I was thankful that it was my cheekbone taking the hurt instead of my cornea. Luckily today's accident involved no shooting sharp things, but created a half finished top stitching nightmare. I really don't like it when that happens.

I successfully finished my first creation from Japanese sewing book on Saturday with good and bad end results. I'll see if I can get Josh to take a picture later.

After all this potty business and danger talk, I better leave this with something awesome.
Behold Ross!


Ross smiling!


Ross belongs to my dad and stepmom and could look either very cute or very creepy in this picture.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHA.. thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! ROSS ROCKS! He looks like someone just told him to smile for the camera and he did not want to - so he put on one of those fake smiles. Totally adorable! Thanks again for stopping by. Congrats on getting married! woo hoo!

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

I love Ross's smile. Like either sweet or he is about to eat your ankle off!

Melissa said...

ross looks like he's smiling... perhaps hes up to something. haha