Sunday, September 12, 2010

Excuse me, did you drop these turkey flats?

Laura and I went on a hot date that included a trip to the fly fishing store. We got a little crazy making feathered hair majesties, and then we got a little crazier and decided to photograph them on my porch owl Diabeetus, Beetus for short.

IMG_1057

Beetus needed hair, so the obvious choice here was Beverly, my beloved mullet wig.

IMG_1061

Never mind the dog hair all over my body. Just pretend it's not there and don't mind it one little bit.

IMG_1064

Then of course we decided Nana would look absolutely fabulous wearing Beverly. I was a little mad at myself for not thinking of it before.

IMG_1070

IMG_1072

IMG_1080

It has been so awesome being reunited with Laura. In addition to our feather projects, I have also started a couple others, including new small wallets and large and in charge vintage sheet totes. I also created a new yellow corduroy guitar strap for Laura. We found the best stuff on our thrifting adventures while she was here.

Hope you had a great weekend!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The dog with the hair is SPECTACULAR! You should start a weekly series of a photo of your dog with different hair styles. Epic!

I BLEED PINK said...

Pug + Mullet Wig = Me on the floor with tears in my eyes laughing so hard!!!

I love it!!!!!