Sunday, April 10, 2011

Washington Part One: Laura's House and Mossy Forrest Majesty

I flew to Seattle on the very last day of March to visit my best girl/soul mate Laura, who lives in the mountains extry close to Canada.  We went on a few adventures, and while I did not take infinity of pictures, I have enough that I'm going to split it into two posts.  Enjoy!

We spent a few hours in Seattle before heading to the mountainous boonies.  We went to Pike's Place, and took this picture.  It's the only one we took in the city!

f0535616

Laura lives in a cute little a-frame house.  Her neighbors are technically very close, but the forrest-y backyard made it feel cozy and secluded.  If you tune out the occasional sound of gunshots (?) and the sounds of the highway, a person (me) can pretend they're in their own sweet cabin in the middle of nowhere.  

IMG_2712

IMG_2704

The ground was covered in moss and itty bitty pine cones.  They were so cute I wanted to glue some googly eyes on a couple so I could adopt them and sew them tiny outfits.

IMG_2706

IMG_2703

Laura also revealed to me the untold wonders of the mossy forrest.

IMG_2720

IMG_2737

f0747712

We especially liked all the giant shroomy fungus prizes growing out of fallen trees.

f0694272

Black!

f0710336

Red with Laura's paw for size reference.

f0726272

This shot is better at revealing its supreme awesomeness.

f0812224

Another size huge black one.  We should have put a size marker in this one.

f0737024

Surprise candid shot of Laura, whom I think looks glorious in the forrest.  I have always thought she looked awesome in green, so it makes perfect sense.  Also, sitting on that fluffy ground covering fern looking foliage (uuhhh, whatever) was a rare soft treat.  The world smelled like mushrooms.

f0779968


1 comment:

Becky Farley said...

Wow I'm in love with her house!! How awesome is her backyard!! :)