Monday, January 12, 2009

Seeing red

I accidentally let the lazies get me again last weekend, but I think I kicked them out this morning. We'll see!

So when I wasn't being lazy, I did get some work done on my other custom order. I was told that the recipient likes red. So this is what I came up with for the purse:

Red purse

She wanted some accessories to go with it that would coordinate without being super matchy, so I used some of the same fabrics to make another love bullets pouch. Apparently the black fabric picks up the fuzzies, and I used my flash. That means they show up REALLY WELL. Oopsies! I'll have to lint roll it before I send it out.

Love bullets pouch- black

I was also asked to make a checkbook cover. I made one this morning that turned out super cute, yet also super wonky. I decided to keep it for myself, learn from my mistakes, and start over (which I'll be doing as soon as I'm done here!). Here is the not quite right first try:

Check book cover outside

Check book cover inside

Oh wow, is there an award out there for worst top stitching ever? I'd like to award it to myself. I stitched it topside down, which I probably shouldn't have done. Actually, it doesn't look so bad in real life. Those pictures made me want to scrap or fix it, but after a quick real life looksy, I don't think I'd be embarrassed to say I made it.

Um, I also made up a new style of purse this weekend that I messed up a bit. I am apparently not to be trusted sewing right now. I think I'm going to keep working through it though.

1 comment:

Robyn said...

I actually really like the checkbook cover...