Monday, September 28, 2009

Fear the sting!

I was just telling Chainsaw last week that I have never been stung by a bee (that I remember). Wasps? Yes! Bees? No.

Well friends, that has changed. I must have forgot to knock on wood or something. I was minding my own business at the Harvest Festival in Spearfish, SD last Saturday when I felt something horrible happening a bit under my left knee. I was actually wearing thick knee socks, and I have no idea what possessed this bee to commit suicide by stinging me through my sock.

My Grandma works at a natural foods store just a few steps away, and I was immediately treated with fancy oils and potions.

Now, two whole days later. My leg is a bit swollen, but not to gross proportions (I've seen some scary pictures!). It itches like you would not believe, and Benadryl knocks me out.

1 comment:

gidgetsews said...

I had a wasp sting this year and I found a product called "stingeze" at the drugstore. It would be with afterbite and calamine. The main ingredient is benzocaine and it helped. I would also recommend allegra or claritin.