Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Old family photos

Not sure if you remember, but my dad's dad Grandpa LeRoy passed away due to (the) cancer this year. We went through some of his drawers to look for treasures on Christmas Day, and these are some of my favorites.

Grandpa LeRoy

When we were little we'd go stay with Grandma and Grandpa on the weekends, and he'd almost always have some kind of creature locked in the bathroom for us to play with. Crawdads caught in the ditch were the most popular specimen, but one time he had a little toad he referred to as "The Great Horned Toad!" He'd keep them wet in the tub for a day or so and then return them to the capture site. I see he's been creature catching long before I knew him.

Raft!

Pigs

There are more on my flickr page, and I have a few vintage Ashley pictures I swiped from his large collection that still need to be scanned.

In other news, I'm going to participate in Elsie and Rachel's Project Restyle. I made a tie turban yesterday, but mama needs to take a shower before official photographic evidence can be acquired.

No comments: