Friday, January 14, 2011

New Patchwork Wristlets

I spent the last couple days making a handful of new patchwork wristlets. Chainsaw says they remind him of old school Hot Butter, and I totally agree! Maybe that's why I love them so much?

IMG_0804

I only made enough sweet rainbow patchwork for one, and I adore it! I have a huge crush on this bright yellow corduroy. I made Laura a guitar strap out of it last time she was here. It's very wide wale and totally pettable!

IMG_0736

This blue corduroy is also luxurious!

IMG_0774

This is the first one I made. It has boxed corners. I decided to try one without boxed corners, and I'm sure you can tell which version I decided was the most glorious.

IMG_0755

I also made a couple red ones.

I found several 18 inch scraps in my bin because I buy half yard cuts. I cut those into 1 to 1.5" strips, sewed them together, and had extra large patchwork pieces. From there it was a snap to make a couple wristlets out of each piece. Super easy and super cute! I'll be adding these to my shop in the near future.

Are you doing anything fun this weekend? I'll be working for the most part and will have more fun stuff to share soon!

No comments: