Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Happy Scrappy!

I'm so excited that this month I got to send out fabric for the Cottage Quilting Bee. Feel free to ignore this post if you're not on this particular team of cool kids, but don't feel left out. There are cool kids everywhere.

For my quilt blocks I sent everyone scraps. My favorite color is rainbow, if that's possible, and I tried to include some of every color for everyone. I'm afraid this is going to be another one of those follow your heart, go crazy, make cute blocks. I'm going for the scrappy look. Feel free to add any of your own scraps and any size will do. I made a little mosaic of some scrappy blocks I like.

Happy Scrappy

1. project improv~ charity block, 2. Scrap Quilt using 1 inch Squares, 3. Wonky Scrap Doll Quilt, 4. Scrap patchwork mat, 5. boxed scraps school bus yellow, 6. triangle block

Pesky number three doesn't show up, but you can still click through to it.

So let's recap:

1. Any size is a good size!

2. Feel free to add your own scraps, any glorious color is fine by me.

3. No embellishments that stick out like buttons or beads. It's probably going to get washed eleventy billion times. Embellishments that lay flat like embroidery or ric rac are a-ok if you're so inclined.

4. A rainbow design is not required. I just threw in every basic color because I like them.

5. A super scrappy look is encouraged.

I'm so excited! Thank you for the opportunity ladies and QuiltDad.

4 comments:

Erin @ Two More Seconds said...

LOVE this idea! And cool kids, who knew? ;) Can't wait to see your package in the mail!

rachel griffith said...

yayyy.
i like being a cool kid.
tehehe.

i just got my fabric.
this is going to be a fun quilt.

Anonymous said...

Hooooo-rayyy!! I'm finally one of the cool kids! Can I sit by you at lunch?

Love your mosaic - this will be great fun!

Anonymous said...

This is such a relief. I've been so busy and out of the loop. I couldn't figure out why there were two packets this month.

Yeah for scrappy!