Monday, February 28, 2011

Crafting by the seat of my pants.

So this post isn't so much about pants as it is a story about how I impulse bought some gold chains at Hobby Lobby the other day and whipped up this 5 minute crown approximately 10 minutes before I had to go to work.  It probably shouldn't have taken me that long, but I'm not that skilled at opening and closing chains.

SDC13843

I wore it to work and then to meet my lady friends at the bar afterwards, where a drunk lady called me a "Greek goddess in zebra tights," which she can say because apparently she's Greek.  Anyway.  Cough.

SDC13839

It was super simple to throw together.  The star chain (star because it's on the front of my face!) was 16", which is not long enough to go around this giant noggin.  I opened the chain and added a simpler (cheaper!) chain to one end.  Then I measured how big the circumference of my head is using the ever so sophisticated manner of holding it up around my head exactly where I wanted it.  I shortened the cheaper chain to the right length and connected the chains.  Wa-ton!  Theoretically you could add a necklace closure for adjustability, but hopefully my head neither gets huger (it may already be kind of big.  Felix's is big, and I think maybe my dad has a giant head?) or smaller.

Bonus blurry Felix because I love his face and his animal pile!

SDC13825

No comments: