Thursday, February 11, 2010

Eeek!

I did something today that I wish I could go back in time and undo.

Well done!

I cooked my own meat a little bit on the iron. I seriously wouldn't have done that. I was just trying to finish these adorable (if I may say so myself) clutches that I've made over the last two days.

Clutches

Pardon the flashy photo, but it's dark and I wanted to have something to show for my day's work. I plan on taking more better photos tomorrow.

Speaking of which, last night I attended DHA's FIRST photography workshop, Photography Is Your Friend! I was mostly a quiet observer, picking up all kinds of good advice from the answers to other people's questions, but I am super excited to use what I learned last night. Hopefully Hot Butter! will have much nicer etsy photos soon!

I made a quick stop at the thrift store the other day and discovered just what I wanted.

New bag

I needed a big like this for a Style School project, and I found it for $1.50. I was etsy hunting similar bags and couldn't make myself spend $20-50-more on one.

I also found some vases for a project for 25 cents each, a bunch of glorious ties for 50 cents each (including one I figured out was a fancy silky expensive tie that I'll probably cut up anyway!), etc. I spent $4. I used to avoid that thrift store because it's small and busy, but the prices are so good I will no longer pass up the opportunity to stop if I have cash money in my pocket.

No comments: