Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Best Day EVER

I am seriously having the best day ever.

I had to go to the post office to mail some orders from the shop. Felix was supposed to be sleeping, so I thought I'd leave Chainsaw in charge and stop at the vintage clothes store downtown on my way. In true Ashley style, I impulsively stopped at the little thrift store behind the library. I've been avoiding it for a while because I brought a bunch of my stuff there, and I think it's weird seeing my own stuff at the thrift store. It's also cash only, and I know I have $3 and some change.

My first stop was shoes. I never find shoes in my size, and I have no idea why. I think they're a pretty normal size. Anyway, my eyes zone in on a cool pair of heels (which I suck at walking in but LOVE). They're in my size. They cost 99 cents. They are mine.

Thrifted Heels

Aren't they a choice thrift? Do you like my pug gate? Seriously, it's to keep the pug away from my room.

Then I wander over to the coats. I've been looking for a cute coat all winter. I was a little obsessed, but never found one at the thrift store (and full price is too much for me). Today, I found the ultimate coat prize.

Thrifted coat

The size on the label is not my size (too small), but it actually fits.

I didn't know how much the coat was, and my stomach was nervous as I waited my turn at the counter. All together it was $3.24. I told the lady how nervous I had been, and she told me that she was so happy for me getting that coat that she would have bought it for me if I hadn't of had enough. Isn't that sweet?

It feels like a true victory after waiting so long. Let the universe know you want to find an adorable, affordable coat at the thrift store, and she will pull through.

I went to the vintage clothes store and wasn't super impressed. They had a lot of cool stuff, but not exactly the kind of stuff I want to spend my money on. Then I went to the post office, where I was smiled at by a cute boy.

Next door was a cute shabby chic, french kind of boutique with fancy clothes and lots of cute stuff that mostly wasn't my style. I saw some big bolts of fabric, and when I went to check them out I discovered they were discounted big time. I got some pretty linen and silk for a good price. I can't wait to make some wristlets or clutches with these. I might have to go get more.

New fabric

The icing on the cake of the best day ever was I noticed something weird on my way home. The speed limit signs say 40, and it used to be 35. It used to drive me crazy because it's a long stretch of road with nothing really on it, and there were always police cars/motorcycles waiting to snag people going over the limit.

Chainsaw asked if I wanted to go get something to eat tonight instead of cooking, so that's like the jimmies on the icing on the cake.

Pug Love

Blurry romance.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I'm so in love with your new 99 cents shoes!! They are dreaaaaaaamy! The coat is pretty awesome too. Too bad I have "baby feet" or I'd beg to borrow your sweet pumps.