Friday, February 5, 2010

Felty goodness

I finished this super cute felt hair piece last night.

Felt Hair Piece

Felt Hair Piece

Felt Hair Piece

I think it turned out super pretty and nice.

One of my style goals for Style School was to make cute new accessories for my hair and wardrobe. I have a few other hair prizes I've made but haven't photographed like crochet bows and felt flowers, but this is my favorite so far!

My Dad lost his iPod case a while ago at a gig (cause he's cool and in a BAND). So of course he asked me to make him a new one. I came up with this without any guidance from him except that his favorite colors are grey and black (until they come up with something darker, he says).

Ipod Case

Ipod Case

I think it's so awesome that I can't wait to make one for myself. Mine is going to have a device on it to connect it to my pants or belt for when I'm cleaning. I hope he likes it!

I'm also finding myself drawn to felt. I totally want to go get some higher quality felt. I'm trying to decide between wool and eco felt, but I'm definitely leaning toward eco felt because of my love for Mother Nature. :D

5 comments:

LeeAnn said...

It's been way too long. I read you via Reader but I really should comment more often. I love the stuff you've been doing! And I love your header too! You probably had that baby up for months but like I said Reader has be in bondage. Can't wait to see what else you are up to!

Leigh-Ann said...

i love your hair accessory!!! It's so awesome! :) -LA :]

Anonymous said...

That ipod holder is so cute! love it :)

heather jane said...

case and the hair posies are super cute! Nice work.

I should say that the eco felt is nice, but if you are going to make things you want to look nice for a long time, you need to invest in some wool felt. eco felt will still pill like a bitch after a bit of friction.

Cheers!

Courtney said...

What a cute hair piece! And your dad must be thrilled with the ipod case. Very cool.